Monday, September 16, 2013

Corrections readalong: Wanna play?

I have had The Corrections sitting on my shelf for years now and it seems pretty clear there's no way I'm reading this unless I have some additional incentive. I made it part of a challenge one year and that didn't help. So this time around I'm thinking readalong. Because even if the book is not doing it for me I can at least bitch about it with a bunch of friends and GIFs.
So anyone want to play along? Yeaaaaah, you know you do. We can do the readalong in October. I haven't hosted one of these before, so I will do my best to actually figure out chapter breaks and whatever else I should be doing as host of a readalong. (So I guess step one will be "figure out what I'm supposed to do". This is going well already.) But LOOK, I started this sign up post and there's a Community marathon on, so I hope you all realize how serious I am about this. Or else please forgive this post if it's all over the place, but it's paintball episode number two (the Western one) so it's not like I can just ignore it. Please expect the same level of dedication in the readalong posts that you're getting now.

So if you want to play along, sign up below. And if you have any advice for me, I'm all ears (all eyes? Some of these idioms are very confusing in writing.)